Author Topic: Steering Committee Meeting Notes from Jan 8, 2018  (Read 174 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Jeremy Briddle

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 321
    • View Profile
    • My online portfolio
Steering Committee Meeting Notes from Jan 8, 2018
« on: January 08, 2018, 08:01:17 pm »
7:07pm to 8pm

* Michelle has a friend who runs his own record label, 80-20 Records, who has music we can air.
* Mary of TEDx wants to do a show about interesting people doing cool things in Tucson, innovators.


In Attendance: Jeremy, Michelle, Terry G, Adrian Ba, Adrian Bo, Emilia, Terry N, Dale


AGENDA:

1. Jeremy: Hack Your Hackerspace
2. Michelle: Jewelry Dept update
3. Terry G: Same rules on production runs on the laser cutter, charitable contributions
4. Emilia: Regarding supplies and money
5. Emilia: Ideas for classes
6. Adrian Bo: Charitable subsidiary
7. Terry N: Bit Buckets announcement
8. Dale: Scheduling on the event calendar
9. Terry N: Camp


MINUTES:

1. Jeremy: Hack Your Hackerspace
- Move the green drum sander downstairs, connect it to the cyclone and larger dust collector.
   - The dust collector downstairs that's connected to the CNC is not big enough for the cyclone.
   - This needs more planning.
- The spot for the swamp cooler in the basement is not ready yet.
   - Mike R had a ventilation guy come in. He said that a swamp cooler would make humidity skyrocket.
   - Just use the blower with an intake manifold next to the basement door as a temporary measure.
   - We need to talk with Mike R some more about it.
- Sweep the stairs.
- Jeremy: Secure the basement door.
- Paint the classroom wall and stairs.
- Paint the classroom tables.
   - They would be unusable until they dried.
   - We have spare tables in storage we can replace them with.
   - Replace table tops with masonite and paste-wax it.
- Did we have a list on Google Drive of HYH events?
- Let's assign a Project Manager
   - Tables: Adrian Ba will get materials.
   - Door: Dale
- Remove light fixtures.
- Get transformer coils ready for scrapping.

2. Michelle: Jewelry Dept update
- The pit is just about done.
- Michelle needs metal grate flooring, 1.5" thick.
- She wants to set up workstations, a deep sink, torch station, hard top for the battlestation.

3. Terry G: Same rules on production runs on the laser cutter, charitable contributions
- A production run is where someone makes many copies of something, either for charity or to sell.
- Chuck's model makers group uses it.
- Last year it was $20/hour.
- Consensus: Keep the same rate from last year until we get metering of laser cutter use, then the Board will decide.

4. Emilia: Regarding supplies and money
- What about supplies for classes?
- Michelle: You can ask attendees to bring their own. We will reimburse you for purchases, just submit a receipt. We can also do purchases on your behalf.
- We have some acrylics in Crafts, more upstairs.
- Terry N: Our instructors donate a lot of things.
- Terry G worked the price into kits he put together for the pen-turning class.

5. Emilia: Ideas for classes
- What classes should she teach?
- She can do beginner and advanced.
- Perspective drawing,
- Do a poll on Facebook? We can do polls on the website. Google Form grabs users' emails.
- Esposito Bros want to do a molding class.
- Charcoal donation box for people to donate chips from their fireplaces. Good for drawing.
- Jeremy will help with Google Form.

6. Adrian Bo: Charitable subsidiary
TABLED

7. Terry N: Bit Buckets announcement
- New build season. Students are here a lot. New game! Their calendar is now synced with our calendar.
- Dale says end times of meetings are not posted. Terry says you have to click on it to see them.
- Is black toolbox parked illegally?

8. Dale: Scheduling on the event calendar
- This morning, Pima Engineering Club kids came in to use the space for a meeting. They're members but most are not keyholders.
- Dale can't see end times of events. That will make scheduling difficult.
- Michelle will tell David to talk to them.
- ACTION ITEM: Jeremy will remove all-day events and look for "end time" setting.


9. Terry N: Camp
- A Google Form will go out soon for prospective volunteers.
- Last year we missed AZDS advertising for camps.
- Adrian Bo met with some prospective volunteers.