Author Topic: Steering Committee Meeting Notes from Nov 27, 2017  (Read 304 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Jeremy Briddle

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 321
    • View Profile
    • My online portfolio
Steering Committee Meeting Notes from Nov 27, 2017
« on: November 27, 2017, 07:45:36 pm »
7:06pm to 8:21pm

In Attendance: Jeremy, Terry N, Dale, Brook, Josh, Emilia, Michelle, Adrian Bo, Adrian Ba, Terry G, Candi, John H, David L

- David L: Bandsaw is fixed.
- David L: 3D printing class for instructors went very well. 25 attendees!
- Jason P: Has a very successful 3D printing class during Cindy's sewing class.
- Terry G: Pat is hosting a potluck get-together of artists on Saturday.
- Dale: The REX sewing machine now has a speed control.
- Dale: The T-1100 printer is functional.

- Terry G: Next HYH: Move panels to the left of the back door to the basement.

AGENDA:

1. Jeremy: Discuss the previous Hack Your Hackerspace. What worked and what can be improved.
2. Jeremy: Some drivers who parallel park in front of the warehouse are getting tickets when parked for over two hours.
3. Terry N: Candi Carol, Shop Manager of Crafts?
4. Terry N: KMKR update
5. Dale: Cutting new front door keys
6. Josh: New City High interns
7. Emilia: Classes, kitchen shop manager, jewelry dept
8. Adrian Bo: Folding tables


MINUTES:

1. Jeremy: Discuss the previous Hack Your Hackerspace. What worked and what can be improved.
- Michelle thought the turnout was pretty good. Once a month event seems to not be killing volunteer interest.
- Dale: Space under whiteboards is useless. 8-10 inch shelving with tow room under?
   - Terry N: Asks for 4 inch shelving. She envisions tape, pencils, tools, crafts, one item deep. Not too deep that things get lost.
      - Shelves would be inset in the wall, making them deeper.
- Adrian Bo has an idea to make shelves 12 inches deep.
- Adrian Ba was unable to finish the conduit work due to the computer in the laser cutter dept being used. He will do it at another time when he can shut down the power.
- Josh: What if we made flyers?

2. Jeremy: Some drivers who parallel park in front of the warehouse are getting tickets when parked for over two hours.
- Liam was ticketed $42 for parallel parking for over 2 hours in front of the warehouse. Parallel parking directly in front of the warehouse is also 2-hour only parking, though there is no sign nearby.
- Michelle: City is not obligated to post signs.
- Dale: When a car is moved, it must be moved at least one block away.
- The dirt lot behind Xerocraft is the best bet.
- Tuesday and Friday meetings are affected by this.

3. Terry N: Candi Carol, Shop Manager of Crafts?
- Candi volunteers at WTF. Teaches a bunch of classes for them. Jewelry, clay sculpture. She has access to a kiln at a nearby school.
- Josh: If you don't want to do it anymore, please tell us.
   - Adrian Bo: Deputy Shop Manager to help with "burnout".
- Shop Manager approval might be a Board thing. We have a Board meeting Sunday.
   - Michelle: Does Board handle Shop Manager approval? We should sort that out at the meeting.
- ACTION ITEM: Jeremy will connect Candi with email.
- CONSENSUS: Candi is the new Shop Manager of Crafts.

4. Terry N: KMKR update
- We got some donations! We need less than $1000.
- $300 from Cathode Corner. Andy P gave $50. Dale gave $100.
- ACTION ITEM: Jeremy will re-submit an extension.

5. Dale: Cutting new front door keys
- We're going to install a panic bar. When we do that we will have to hand out new keys.
- Keys are about $0.75 each.
- We have a key cutting machine.
- Dale will put on a key making and understanding workshop on Wednesday. We need to produce about 70 keys.
- Adrian Bo: When we hand out keys we should also reacquaint keyholders with their responsibilities (also new responsibilities). We should methodically go through each person and make sure they understand.
- Adrian Bo: That can be part of the next Hack your Hackerspace.
- Josh has a clear lock he can donate.

6. Josh: New City High interns
- Brook will be interning for Josh at City High on Tuesdays for Maker Club. He wants to get her acquainted with volunteer work and classes she can take at Xerocraft.
- Brook likes to draw. She wants to get into woodworking. She knits and crochets.

7. Emilia: Classes, kitchen shop manager, jewelry dept
- She's interested in do jewelry classes like setting, etc. She can also do painting and drawing classes.
- She's also interested in helping out in the Jewelry Dept
- Jeremy: Mike B was interested in being Kitchenette Shop Manager but seems to have stopped coming by. Liam has expressed some interest in being Kitchenette Shop Manager. Emilia could be a Deputy Shop Manager.
- ACTION ITEM: Jeremy will add Emilia, Candi and Brook to Discussion and Staff lists.

8. Adrian Bo: Folding tables
- A lot of space in the basement is filled with unused folding tables. Can we get rid of them? Give them to WAMO? Make them communal? Rent tables when we need them?
- Josh could store them at his place.
- Dale: We need to spraypaint our logo on them if we store them offsite.
- Terry G: Why do we need so many?
   - Dale: Events like Maketopolis.
- David: There are a bunch of tables in the north space.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 08:25:59 pm by Jeremy Briddle »