Projects > Completed Projects

High Power UV LED Flashlight for Hunting Scoprions

(1/1)

scuba840@yahoo.com:
http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Scorpion-Stinger-A-High-Power-UV-LED-Flashli/

This is my instructable for how to build a high power UV LED flashlight to hunt scorpions with. 
I call it the Scorpion Stinger.

KRRRL:
I wonder how well that UV LED Flashlight would light up our 3D prints.  Josh printed out the Xerocraft logo in glow-in-the-dark PLA, but it glowed dimly.  When I took that print up to Heatsync hackerspace in Mesa, Nate iluminated it with a small UV flashlight, and it glowed good:

Then Nate suggested that the glow-in-the-dark PLA might act as light pipe, which I could use to make another translucent concrete sculpture.  Even if that media did not act as light pipe, I might embed pieces of the glow-in-the-dark PLA in the translucent concrete mix that I imported from Mexico, to make another sculpture.  Then I might use a powerful UV flashlight to reveal both visible and  hidden patterns in the concrete sculpture.

scuba840@yahoo.com:
If it glows, this UV light will fluoresce it.  You can't really see it, but the flashlight is painted in glow-in-the dark paint. It instantly recharges glow in the dark items.

J. Watts:

--- Quote from: KRRRL on November 20, 2012, 06:00:10 pm ---I wonder how well that UV LED Flashlight would light up our 3D prints.  Josh printed out the Xerocraft logo in glow-in-the-dark PLA, but it glowed dimly.  When I took that print up to Heatsync hackerspace in Mesa, Nate iluminated it with a small UV flashlight, and it glowed good:

(Image removed from quote.)

Then Nate suggested that the glow-in-the-dark PLA might act as light pipe, which I could use to make another translucent concrete sculpture.  Even if that media did not act as light pipe, I might embed pieces of the glow-in-the-dark PLA in the translucent concrete mix that I imported from Mexico, to make another sculpture.  Then I might use a powerful UV flashlight to reveal both visible and  hidden patterns in the concrete sculpture.

--- End quote ---

I don't even know how can it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version